Communications Account Representative
Securian Financial Group
Securian Financial Group is one of the stongest financial services companies in American and is based in St Paul, MN. We have been in business for over 130 years serving individuals and businesses. Our in-house communications department is currently looking for an Account Representative. Duties include:
1. Provide marketing communications support to assigned business units and client areas within the Company.
2. Manage assigned marketing communications projects from initiation through completion.
3. Work with business unit client/project owners to develop marketing communications plans identifying project objectives and requirements, including timing, budget, target audience and key messages.
4. Develop concepts and write copy for a variety of marketing communications applications, including collateral, electronic media, newsletters, advertisements and direct mail.
5. Serve as the leader of a dedicated team in the Communications department to develop and produce marketing communications projects. Team functions include designer, production artist and traffic coordinator.
6. Monitor product expenses to control costs and meet established budgets.
7. Coordinate legal, compliance and client review of assigned project materials.
8. Work with clients and team members to measure effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement.
9. Maintain positive working relationships with clients and dedicated team members.
What we'd expect from you:
1. Three-five years professional writing/marketing communications experience.
2. Knowledge of marketing communications tools and techniques to promote the Company's products and services.
3. Strong creative skills, including the ability to develop creative concepts.
4. Previous marketing communications experience.
5. Excellent writing skills with the versatility to handle advertising, editorial, sales promotion and electronic media communications aimed at a variety of target audiences.
6. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
7. The ability to work as part of a collaborative team, and maintain positive team relations.
8. Ability to work under pressure to meet client and project deadlines.
9. Planning and organizational skills to simultaneously manage multiple projects to meet established requirements, budgets and deadlines.
10. Willingness to take a writing test as part of the posting/application process.
11. The commitment to undertake a meaningful program of self-development to increase understanding of the financial services industry and to prepare for greater responsibilities.
Preferred skills for this job:
1. Financial services industry experience.
2. Successful completion of a four-year degree.
To apply for this position please go to: securian.com/careers and apply for Job ID: 12606