Digital Media Analyst
Smolley Consulting, LLC
Do you have a passion for analytics, numbers and breaking down information so it makes sense to people? Do you want to be a part of one of the hottest agencies in the United States? Well, if you fit this description, I want to hear from you, and so does my client.
The Digital Analyst is responsible for developing and executing a broad range of measurement and optimization plans, reports and insights for our national clients.
This role works closely with the Director of Strategic Analysis to analyze Web traffic, digital media and social listening data to execute regular weekly and monthly reports, focusing on developing clear, timely and actionable data-driven insights that can make a difference to the client’s marketing efforts.
This particular role requires strong quantitative and analytical skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
A familiarity and experience working with the following tools and platforms is preferred:
- Adobe Omniture SiteCatalyst and Discover
- DART for Advertisers (DFA) Radian 6, Crimson Hexagon or other social analytical tools
- A high level of comfort with Excel pivot tables is essential
The Digital Analyst will spend much of their time designing and executing a regular cadence of dashboards and reports focused on digital campaign performance and social analytics.
You will participate in non-digital projects as they touch on analytics.
You will develop a system on how to best approach pre and post launch methods of evaluating TV spots or print media.
You will interact with director level clients and should be able to clearly explain complex points to people inside and outside the agency who do not have a similar expertise in analytics.
Responsibilities & Priorities
- Work with standard analytical tools to develop regular site, campaign and social reports
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools and ability to develop learning agendas and client-facing dashboards which are very easy to understand
- Ability to go beyond the data to pull interesting insights and proactively develop analyses that can help the client see new ways of how their intiatives are performing
- Passion for numbers, data and analytics within the context of a highly creative environment. Meaning, you’re comfortable being the nerd in the room
- Ability to get along with media agency partners and collaborate effectively
- Data visualization ideas – an ability to always be looking for a better way to convey quantitative information in a visual way
- Able to set and meet consistent, regular deadlines
- Ability to forecast and recommend appropriate initiatives based on factual data and findings
Other key responsibilities
- Passion for analytics, numbers, measurement, optimization, dashboards and insights
- Ability to work under tight schedules across multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborate with outside agencies in a constructive and positive manner sharing ideas and insights openly
- Knowledge of the latest techniques, tools and ideas in digital analytics
- Deliver projects on time to the highest quality and client expectation
If you meet ALL of these requirements, I want to hear from you, and so does my client. Send your resume, salary requirements and a short description of what makes you a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Sam Smolley